CDF recently announced their 2012 grant awards to area hospitals and healthcare centers. This year’s recipients included:
- Hudson River Healthcare in Peekskill, NY. CDF will provided funds for a prenatal program to promote healthier pregnancies, improve birth outcomes and enhance the skills and knowledge of pregnant women at six prenatal program sites.
- American Academy of Pediatrics, New York Chapter 3, to reprint their “Teen’s Health Care Bill of Rights” which seeks to build quality doctor-patient relationships and addresses the special health concerns and needs of adolescents.
- Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center in Yonkers. Our two-year grant provides funding for two pediatric treatment rooms. Each treatment room will have an exam bed and monitoring equipment and will be decorated in a child-friendly motif.
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center in Sleepy Hollow. CDF will provide funds to purchase a pulse oximeter for their new initiative of screening newborns for congenital heart disease.
- Putnam Hospital Center in Carmel NY. Our grant will enable Putnam Hospital to purchase vital sign monitors and pulse oximeters.
- Nyack Hospital in Nyack. CDF has provided funds to help Nyack Hospital purchase a pulse oximeter for their pediatric unit.
- In addition, in 2012, CDF donated three pediatric glidescopes to area hospitals throughout the Hudson Valley Region.