CDF recently announced their 2011 grants to area hospitals and healthcare centers. This year’s recipients included:
- Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center under construction in Yonkers. Our grant will provide funding for two pediatric treatment rooms. Each treatment room will have an exam bed and monitoring equipment and will be decorated in a child-friendly motif.
- St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie. CDF will provide funds for St. Francis Hospital to acquire a pediatric glidescope and an infusion system. This specialized equipment will facilitate the intubation of children in critical care situations.
- Family Health Center at White Plains Hospital. Our grant will provide vision and audio screening equipment for children visiting the Family Health Center.
- Sound Shore Medical Center in New Rochelle. CDF has provided funds to help renovate a children’s resource room in the clinic of the Sound Shore Medical Center. This children’s room will have games, books and other resources to help to provide comfort and amusement for visits and stays at the hospital.
- In addition, in 2011, CDF donated twelve pediatric veinlites to area hospitals throughout the Hudson Valley Region.